Almonds are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They are among the world’s most popular tree nuts. Here are some of the health benefits of almonds:
- Almonds are high in antioxidants, vitamin E, protein, and fiber.
- Almonds are loaded with antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to aging and disease.
- Eating almonds may lower overall cholesterol levels.
- Almonds can help reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
- Almonds can help lower blood sugar levels and reduce blood pressure.
It is important to note that almonds are also high in phytic acid, a substance that binds certain minerals and prevents them from being absorbed by the body. While phytic acid is generally considered a healthy antioxidant, it also slightly reduces the amount of iron, zinc, and calcium your body absorbs from almonds